Saturday 28 July 2012

A few days in Oban

Bloodhound moored on the inside pontoon at Oban
At last some 3G coverage so I can pair my phone to my laptop. This is being done as we are 3 miles of the Larne coast on the way to Peel in the Isle of Man

Domestic chores and a delightful exploration of the island of Kerrara occupy a couple of day.

Bloodhound, Prince Philip's old yacht, now owned by the Britannia Trust, is in Oban touting for charters during July and August
The marina on Kerrara with Oban in the background

David Storer left on Sunday Morning and Richard Wall arrived in the evening. The afternoon weather on Sunday turned very wet and windy.The first time I have experience the two together! The weather continued into Monday and gave us the excuse to visit the Oban whisky distillery. After visiting the Highland Park distillery in Kirkwall I had not expected there to be any difference in the method of producing the final product but I was interested to hear that Oban as subtle differences in whisky stills and method that distinguish it. It will be equally interesting to see if Lagavulin on Isaly have also their own differentiating methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment